Thursday 6 September 2012

Factory Espresso

For the Easter long weekend this year, Dan and I packed up the car and headed to Orange (in NSW) to see my sister. We were absolutely charmed. The weather was great - sunny but not too warm - and we were taken to gorgeous wineries and restaurants. It was definitely no rough and tumble country town.


Though we've been a little slack in getting some of our posts up, Factory Espresso really impressed us. So I felt the need to 'spread the word'.

On Easter Sunday we decided to brunch at Factory Espresso. I know very little about Orange so I can't really tell you if the location is good, but I can tell you that the food was delicious!



I was particularly impressed by my smashed sauteed potato, wilted spinach, poached eggs and dukkah with capsicum mayonnaise - which is something I would normally never consider eating for breakfast/brunch. But it was the perfect mix of hearty and flavoursome ingredients.



Michelle went for the claypot baked eggs, bills breakfast beans, avocado and toasted turkish soldiers with a side of maple infused bacon.


Dan was slightly more conservative with his eggs poached on organic sour dough toast, house made tomato relish and, of course, a side of maple infused bacon.




The layout was minimalistic but very contemporary and somewhat similar to many popular metropolitan cafes (communal tables, semi-industrial, etc). It was pretty cool being able to see through the back too - which is where the Bills Beans roastery is located. Apparently this will excite coffee lovers... I wouldn't really know though.



On our way out we couldn't resist the urge to buy some treats for our afternoon picnic. (We then had to resist the urge to eat the treats until later in the day.)


I'm not sure if Dan and I will be making our way back to Orange in the future, but I certainly recommend Factory Espresso to anyone nearby.

For a more detailed review from a local's perspective - with great pics - please go to Life A L'Orange.

- Dani



Summary
Cuisine: Cafe
Price: $$
Location: 133-137 Kite St, Orange NSW 2800
Map:


















Factory Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment