Tuesday 20 November 2012

Heathcotean Bistro

As mentioned in our Heathcote Winery Tour post, we arranged to have lunch at the Heathcotean Bistro after a visit to Flynn's Winery. Yes, this was back in March... we might have forgotten that this post had not been published (ooops).

***

Upon returning to Flynn's Winery, we once again went through the tasting process. It was good to refresh our memories and help up decide what to order with lunch.


As we were shown to our table I couldn't help but notice the display of jams, spreads and other wonderful preserved treats. I don't know what it is, but when I'm in the country I feel a need to buy jarred goods.


The restaurant space isn't vast but with a small array of artwork adorning the walls and a wonderful view of the property outside - it was enchanting.


We already knew how delicious the wine was but the food... wow! We were impressed.

Each dish was beautifully presented: uncomplicated yet elegant, which suited the moment perfectly. And trust us when we say that everything tasted as good as it looked. (We're not the best food photographers, but these pictures still get us salivating.)






Of course I grabbed a few items on the way out: a cheese board & knife, plum jam and strawberry sauce - I just can't help myself. I couldn't have asked for a more suitable way to end our Heathcote weekend. (Thanks Dan!)


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment