Saturday 27 April 2013

Balmains

Lately I've been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone, it is good to get out there and try new things, and brunch is no exception. So when choosing a Sunday brunch location, I decided a little road trip was in order. Lucky for Dan and I, it was a perfect day for a drive along Beach Road to Balmains Cafe.


Located on Were St in Brighton, Balmains has a delightful mixture of old world charm and modern touches.



Firstly, I feel that I should point out that it was extremely easy to get both a park and a table, which makes for a blissful Sunday brunch experience. It is so easy to relax and enjoy yourself, when everything is going smoothly.


Though I am not a coffee drinker, it is said that Balmains is a great spot for a coffee lover. And though Dan is no aficionado either, it doesn't take a genius to figure out just how much people love Balmains' coffee. The line of people waiting for take away coffee, kept all the wait staff well and truly on their toes. It meant that service was a little on the slow side, especially for that much sought after warm brew, but it was understandable.


Dan ordered his usual (Eggs Benedict) while I went for the Brioche with Avocado and Salmon.



It was simple but delightful, and exactly what I needed. But I have to admit, when I first saw the size of the Eggs Benedict, I thought it looked awfully small. Definitely not a big enough serving for Dan. Not to say that he didn't enjoy it.


Balmains is a cute little cafe worth checking out if you live in the area, particularly if you are a coffee lover. However, I don't believe it is special enough to warrant a significant detour.

- Dani



Summary
Name: Balmains
Cuisine: Cafe
Price: $
Location: 117 Were St, Brighton VIC 3186
Map:



















Balmains Brighton on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment